Clause 10: Improvement- Improving the 9001:2015 Quality Management System
ISO 9001:2015 Clause 10 Improvement describes the requirements for continual improvement in the quality management system by identifying nonconformities and taking corrective actions to recur the nonconformity by eliminating the root cause of the non-conformance.
- Determine and select opportunities for improvement
- React to nonconformities and take action to eliminate the cause
- Implement corrective actions as appropriate and review their effectiveness
- Keep records of nonconformities and corrective actions
- Continually improve your QMS
- Use the Seven Quality Management Principles to Improve your ISO 9001 QMS
Clause 10 Improvement
Clause 10.1 General
Select opportunities for improvements that will enhance customer satisfaction such as improvements to products or services or improving the effectiveness of the QMS.
Clause 10.2 Nonconformity and corrective action
When nonconformities occur, react to them appropriately by controlling, correcting, or dealing with the consequences. Determine what the cause (learn about Root Cause Analysis) is of the nonconformity and take actions to ensure the nonconformity does not recur. After you have implemented these corrective actions, review them to ensure they were effective. Corrective actions will often require updating QMS processes and/or risks and opportunities determined during planning. Records describing nonconformities, actions taken, and the results of those actions must be kept.
- Learn more about Nonconformity and Corrective Action
Clause 10.3 Continual improvement
Continually improve your QMS. Consider using internal audits, management reviews, or company performance metrics to help identify opportunities for improvement. Continuous improvement examples include documenting a process, updating a procedure, 5S or implementing as a Six Sigma project.
- Learn more about Continual Improvement
Please note that certain text from the ISO 9001 standard is only used for instructional purposes. Standard Stores recognizes and respects the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) copyright and intellectual property guidelines.