ISO 9001 Quality Management System
What is a Quality Management System?
A quality management system (QMS) is a set of policies, processes and
procedures required for planning and execution (production/development/service) in the core business area of an organization. (i.e. areas
that can impact the organization's ability to meet customer requirements.) ISO 9001:2008 is an example of a Quality Management System.
See how a QMS Works!
Some people generically refer to the group of documents as a QMS, but specifically it refers to the entire system - the documents just describe it. A QMS is nothing more than good business sense.
This demo will show you what a documented ISO 9001 Quality Management System (QMS) looks like and how the documents all flow together.
A QMS integrates the various internal processes within the organization and intends to provide a process approach for project execution. A Process Based QMS enables the organizations to identify, measure, control and improve the various core business processes that will ultimately lead to improved business performance.
A complete ISO 9001 Quality Management System must address all the requirements of ISO 9001, and more specifically must meet the ISO 9001 Documentation Requirements.
The Concept of Quality Management
- A Quality Management System in its basic concept is quite simple. It seeks to: Recognize the external quality related requirements specified in Licenses to Trade, guidelines, specified customer requirements, and the chosen management system standard(s)
- Ensure that all requirements have been documented within the management system in the appropriate location in terms of defined specific system requirements
- Confirm that employees receive applicable training in the quality system requirements
- Outline performance processes, where applicable, to the quality system requirements
- Produce records or evidence that system requirements have been met
- Measure, monitor and report the extent of compliance with these performance procedures
- Continually monitor and analyze changes to the requirements and confirm that all changes are reflected in changes to the specific requirements when necessary
- Execute the audit and analyze the system processes and correct them when necessary
- Include processes that will help continually improve the quality system.
Free tutorial: Basics of ISO 9001
Products to help You create a Quality Management System