Step 3b: ISO Implementation Steering Team
- Who will be able to decide which employees will be assigned tasks?
- Will they know whether the employees’ workload will be able to accommodate the assigned tasks?
- Who is responsible for resources and can make resources available to the ISO 9001 project?
- How often should the ISO 9001 Steering Team meet?
Prepare your Agenda:
- Explain the Implementation Steps to the team.
- Download and use the PowerPoint presentation ISO 9001 Implementation.
- Assign the tasks to individuals or teams. Complete the Task Team Assignments Table.
- Review the responsibilities to make sure that they are well dispersed, not assigned heavily to one group or one individual.
- For each team identify a team leader. It works very well to have a member of the ISO Steering Team as a leader for each of the Task Group teams. It provides good communication between the teams and the ISO Steering Team throughout the project.
- Determine resources required for completion of the tasks.
- Will teams or individuals need assistance with other responsibilities during the ISO 9001 project?
- What kind of technical guidance will be needed to allow these teams or individuals to complete the tasks efficiently and effectively?
Assign Dates to Tasks and Complete the Gantt Chart
- Stagger start dates according to resources available.
- Determine which tasks you need to complete in the beginning to allow others to build on, for example: Management Responsibility. Complete the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives as well as identifying key processes and their interrelation early on in the project.
- Estimate the amount of time needed to complete each task based on the amount of resources available to the task.
ISO 9001 Steering Team Responsibilities
- Identify team members for each procedure.
- Assign target start date and completion date for each team.
- Identify training needs for employees and schedule training sessions.
- Meet on a regular basis to evaluate progress, answer questions for the teams and evaluate resource needs for the implementation.
- Review and approve procedures as they are finalized.
- Evaluate and choose a registrar.