Step 3c: ISO Implementation Step-by-Step
The team leader is responsible for scheduling the first team meeting according to the plan on the Gantt chart.
Team Leader: Create a Task Team First Meeting Agenda, include:
- Discussion of the Responsibilities of the ISO 9001:2008 Steering Team and Implementation steps. Use the PowerPoint presentation Implementation of ISO 9001:2008
- Give out the Task Team Handout
- If you are using The 9000 Store Procedures, hand out the Quality System Procedure that the team will be responsible for.
- Explain to the team that the Procedure and your process must match. Some of your processes (the way you do things) will need to be changed to meet requirements of the standard, and parts of the procedure will need to be edited to accurately describe what you do.
- If you are not using the prepared procedures this team will be responsible for developing and documenting the new procedure for their section of the standard. The completed Gap Analysis will show the team what requirements are not being met by your current process.
- You will need to make changes to your current process to conform with the requirements.
- List the requirements from the Gap Analysis that you are meeting.
- Identify the requirements of the standard that you will need to address to be in compliance.
- Schedule next meeting. During the next meetings you will work on the tasks that you have listed above.
- Once the process has been determined the procedure will need to be finalized and sent for approval by the ISO 9001:2008 Steering Team.
Agendas for the next meetings should include:
- Read The 9000 Store Procedure (Or for the team responsible for the quality manual read The 9000 Store Quality Manual and compare to current processes.)
- If not using The 9000 Store procedures, outline a new process to meet the requirements of the standard.
- Assign tasks for implementing changes in your processes and editing prepared procedure.
- Set next agenda
- Schedule next meeting