Step 2a: Scheduling the ISO 9001 Gap Analysis
- Select the date(s) for the Gap Analysis, and communicate to all employees what is being done, and why.
- You will want to be able to make the employees comfortable with answering your auditor’s questions.You may want to consider sending out a newsletter to inform employees that the Gap Analysis will be performed, by whom, when and why the Gap Analysis is being performed. Use the Employee Newsletter which is included in the Gap Analysis Checklist Toolkit.
- Determine whether you will audit by process/procedure or by area of the facility. Our approach is usually to audit by area of the facility.
- Divide the facility into manageable areas.
- Schedule time to audit each section of the standard that applies to the area.
- If you are using an audit team, assign the team to cover the various areas of the facility.
- Arrange your Gap Analysis checklists so each auditor will have the sections of the standard that are applicable in the areas they will cover.