ISO 9001:2015 in Detail: Clarifications from 2008
What needed clarification from the last revision?
While the previous changes could be the most important ones, the new standard has also clarified some concepts. Some of these changes are listed below.
Integrated-Standards.com has many tools to help you integrate ISO Standards in their existing format, which will be simplified with Annex L.
- The ISO 9001:2008 standard stated a service was a type of product. Now, products and services is used throughout. The term service now has a distinct definition.
- The concept of Customer Property is expanded to include products, services, and processes belonging to external providers
- Customers are considered external providers.
- As a result the 9001:2015 standard requires control over externally provided products.
- Continual Improvement has changed to encompass enhancing performance.
- According to the new standard, organizations must now share knowledge between employees to achieve conformity. This put a greater burden on training and communication.
- Preventive action is now risk-based-thinking.
- The ISO 9001:2008 standard asked to use equipment to monitor and measure. The ISO 9001:2015 refers to monitoring and measuring resources.