ISO 9001 6.2 Training Requirements
Here is a summary of the training requirements from section 6.2.2 Competence, awareness and training.
- Define the knowledge and skill needed for each employee to conduct their job.
- Deliver training or other learning activities to develop the required knowledge and skill.
- Provide a way to prove whether the training was effective (test for understanding)
- Ensure employee awareness of how their activities contribute to the quality objectives. They should understand the relevance and importance of their role. (Do they know what a QMS is?)
- Keep training records and records of employee education, skills and experience.
Once an organization determines how to organize a training program to meet these requirements, they must find a way to keep track of the training schedules, evaluation activities and training records for every employee. Regardless of the size of the organization, most find these administrative demands very time consuming and difficult to maintain so the information is easily available during audits.
Need Guidance? ISO 10015 Quality Management-Guidelines for training
ISO 9000 family of standards (including the ISO 10000 series) emphasize the importance of human resource management and the need for appropriate training. They recognize that customers are likely to both respect and value an organization’s commitment to its human resources and its ability to demonstrate the strategy used to improve the competence of its personnel.
Personnel at all levels should be trained to meet the organization’s commitment to supply products of a required quality in a rapidly changing market place where customer requirements and expectations are increasing continuously.
This International Standard provides guidelines to assist organizations and their personnel when addressing issues related to training. It may be applied whenever guidance is required to interpret references to “education” and “training” within the ISO 9000 family of quality assurance and quality management standards. Any references to “training” in this document includes all types of education and training.
We have solutions to your training needs:
ISO 9001 Training
Training options for training employees, project managers and internal auditors
Introduction to ISO 9001 PowerPoint
Reviews each section of the standard and has student guides and quizzes